Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Maxime Beauchemin <ma...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/01 00:34:14 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Superset 0.32.0 based on Superset 0.32.0 RC2

FYI I'm working integrating the feedback and working towards the next RC.

I started working on build instructions and things were getting quite
complex while building from source, and adding steps like the os-level
deps, creating the `.po` files, building the JS, and these instructions
tend to not be perfectly reproducible across environments, so I decided to
write a Dockerfile that builds from source instead of docs or a bash
script. Eventually that can evolve to run assertions on the build (running
tests, checking keys, ...) in a reproducible fashion. The built package can
be extracted from the docker image, or the Dockerfile can be used as a
reference if someone needed to make an equivalent bash script.

Similarly, I'm thinking about using a Dockerfile for the process of
packaging the source release, since the process forces a "git clean" that
can be harmful to existing environments.

Max

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@me.com>.
HI,

> I replaced the babytux image by one I got here
> https://pixabay.com/vectors/toddlers-babies-children-303904/, now how do I
> expose the license for the image?

Assuming the license is compatible you would add the text of the license (or if it is long a pointer to a file containing the text) in the LICENSE file.

I think the license is this? [1] While “free" it does contain some restrictions beyond what the ALv2 allows. It’s not listed as a category A or B license [2] so IMO it would be best to ask legal discuss to see if it’s OK to use it.

It might be easer to find another image under a compatible license e.g public domain / CC0 [4] or CC BY-SA 4.0 [3].

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://pixabay.com/service/license/
2. https://apache.org/legal/resolved.html
3, https://apache.org/legal/resolved.html#cc-sa
4. https://apache.org/legal/resolved.html#handling-public-domain-licensed-works

Re: [VOTE] Release Superset 0.32.0 based on Superset 0.32.0 RC2

Posted by Maxime Beauchemin <ma...@gmail.com>.
I replaced the babytux image by one I got here
https://pixabay.com/vectors/toddlers-babies-children-303904/, now how do I
expose the license for the image?

Max

Posted by Maxime Beauchemin <ma...@gmail.com>.