Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by Sven Reimers <re...@tu-harburg.de> on 2000/02/09 15:14:54 UTC

Xerces-J / Actual CVS HEAD

Hi,

I checked out the HEAD from CVS
and tried to
build Xerces from the sources.

1. using gmake:
	fails:   There is class in src/org/xml/sax/Makefile
		named Configurable - this is not in the source tree

2. using ant:
	works like a charm (at least compiling)
	but: Generating javadocs leaves me with OutOfMemory :-)
	Any hints for this?

This so far

Sven

Sven Reimers
TU Hamburg-Harburg

Re: Xerces-J / Actual CVS HEAD

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.
Sven Reimers wrote:
> 1. using gmake:
>         fails:   There is class in src/org/xml/sax/Makefile
>                 named Configurable - this is not in the source tree

Good catch! Thanks. It's now fixed.

--
Andy Clark * IBM, JTC - Silicon Valley * andyc@apache.org

Re: Xerces-J / Actual CVS HEAD

Posted by Sven Reimers <re...@tu-harburg.de>.
Hi,

found solution to 2.

Just change src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/task??/Javadoc.java
to give more memory to java job: -Xmx???. There is a line
b.append("java "); Change this!

Sven