Posted to yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Amith sha <am...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/28 16:02:03 UTC

Preemption on Yarn NodeLabels not working

Hi All,
Recently we moved our prod queues with node labels, where we found that
preemption is not working on queues those were mapped to nodelabels
Example
adhocp0,adhocp1,adhocp3 mapped to nodelabels of label_adhoc_nm.
With share of 60,30,10 as capacity and 100 as maximum capacity for all.
When a jobA on adhocp3 consumes 100% of it maximum capacity and a jobB
submitted on adhocp0 no containers running on adhocp3 got preempted.

Thanks & Regards
Amithsha