Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by 杨洪涛 <ya...@koudai.com> on 2015/06/18 14:54:38 UTC

Add the hard drive problem

HI,all
   My server has only one hard drive, and now the disk IO appear bottlenecks, I want to add two hard disk, but did not find the relevant online upgrade document, please help

Re: Add the hard drive problem

Posted by István <le...@gmail.com>.
Kafka is not concerned about your disks and it does not do anything lower
than writing files to a folder. Meaning, the best way to add more capacity
to your servers is to stop the service add the drives create a new volume
and data folder copy over the data from previous location and mount the new
volume to the right place (/data for me). After that you can start to
service again.

This also can be done in a seamless fashion without service interruption.

I.

--
the sun shines for all