Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by narges saleh <sn...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/04 20:33:20 UTC

Load Data with Streamer

Hi All,

I have two questions regarding loading data with the streamer, with non
ignite client.

1) Is there a REST/HTTP counterpart for the TCP socket streamer, meaning
the client sending the data to the streamer via HTTP POST?
2) I am trying to play with ignite's TCP socket streamer example, but the
client node stops with the message "Ignite node stopped" -- It hits the
finally clause after the socket streamer is started. Any idea what could be
wrong?

https://github.com/apache/ignite/blob/master/examples/src/main/java/org/apache/ignite/examples/streaming/wordcount/socket/WordsSocketStreamerServer.java

thanks.

Re: Load Data with Streamer

Posted by narges saleh <sn...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Saikat for the feedback.

I have a simple design. I have external data sources which send data to the
ignite cluster via http post requests. I wanted to see if I can utilize
ignite's rest API for this purpose and at the same time take advantage of
the streamer high performant data load ( the same way that it is possible
with TCP socket via socket streamer). It seems that is not possible. I will
need to write a http listener myself that ingest the data and persist the
data into cache via the streamer.

Re: Load Data with Streamer

Posted by Saikat Maitra <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,