Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Steven A Rowe <sa...@syr.edu> on 2012/04/16 14:40:02 UTC

ivy resolve, stale jars & clean-jars

I just updated my checkout and tried to run tests, and got this error:

C:\cygwin\home\s\svn\lucene\dev\trunk\lucene\common-build.xml:681: report-text doesn't support the "maxClassNameColumns" attribute

Turns out I had a stale RandomizedTesing jar in my checkout that triggered this problem - 'ant clean-jars' fixed it.

Is there some way we can automate stale jar removal?

For now, I will always run clean-jars when I run clean, but that seems like overkill.

Steve

Re: ivy resolve, stale jars & clean-jars

Posted by Chris Male <ge...@gmail.com>.
We could use sync="true" on ivy:retrieve, couldn't we? If I recall, we
didn't use it originally because some of our jars weren't sourced via Ivy,
but now all of them are.

Chris Male | Software Developer | DutchWorks | www.dutchworks.nl

RE: ivy resolve, stale jars & clean-jars

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Sorry, I looked like more noisy, was just different :-)

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de

Posted by Dawid Weiss <da...@cs.put.poznan.pl>.
> Sorry, it was caused by something else :-) Its fine, just very different to before, so I was thinking it prints one  line per invoked test method.

It actually can do that... and there are reasons where this is useful
but I tried to respect what it was before. The output may take some
getting used to, I agree. Any suggestions to make it more intuitive
are welcome of course.

Dawid

RE: ivy resolve, stale jars & clean-jars

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.

Posted by Dawid Weiss <da...@cs.put.poznan.pl>.

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.

Posted by Dawid Weiss <da...@cs.put.poznan.pl>.

Posted by Dawid Weiss <da...@cs.put.poznan.pl>.
> Is there some way we can automate stale jar removal?

Didn't I tell you to integrate clean with clean-jars? :D

Sorry -- I should have warned about jars being upgraded. The only way
this could be done is to add a <delete> with a fileset and a mapper so
that any JAR files that don't have an associated *.jar.sha1 file will
get removed.

Dawid