Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Gary Ng Kwong Sang <gs...@invidi.com> on 2022/06/10 21:25:55 UTC

Shutdown hook not always invoked when SIGTERM or SIGINT is supplied

Hi,
We use Ansible to stop ignite on our ec2 nodes using  pkill -f ignite​ cmd which sends a SIGTERM to terminate the process.
What we've noticed is that the shutdown hook is not always invoked  (`Invoking shutdown hook...` does not get outputted) but shutdown is initiated (The log line Shutdown policy was updated [oldVal=null, newVal=null]​ gets printed)

Similarly, we've tried sending SIGINT to initiate a graceful shutdown but there's been cases where the SIGINT does not terminate the process or even invokes the shutdown hook.

- How can we check that the shutdown hook has been invoked?
- How can we know whether the shutdown is graceful or not?

Our ignite version is 2.11.1