Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by EdwardKing <zh...@neusoft.com> on 2014/04/14 10:12:04 UTC

Hive install under hadoop

I want to use hive in hadoop2.2.0, so I execute following steps:

[hadoop@master /]$ tar �Cxzf  hive-0.11.0.tar.gz
[hadoop@master /]$ export HIVE_HOME=/home/software/hive
[hadoop@master /]$ export PATH=${HIVE_HOME}/bin:${PATH}
[hadoop@master /]$ hadoop fs -mkdir /tmp
[hadoop@master /]$ hadoop fs -mkdir /user/hive/warehouse
[hadoop@master /]$ hadoop fs -chmod g+w /tmp
[hadoop@master /]$ hadoop fs -chmod g+w /user/hive/warehouse
[hadoop@master /]$ hive
Error creating temp dir in hadoop.tmp.dir file:/home/software/temp due to Permission denied

How to make hive install success? Thanks.

Re: Hive install under hadoop

Posted by Thomas Bentsen <th...@bentzn.com>.
Seems like an ordinary Linux file permission thing.
Are you logged in as user 'software'
Does your user have permission to create dirs in /home/software?

/th

Posted by Thomas Bentsen <th...@bentzn.com>.

Posted by Thomas Bentsen <th...@bentzn.com>.

Posted by Thomas Bentsen <th...@bentzn.com>.