Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@cpan.org> on 2003/10/04 01:15:07 UTC

[mp1] 1.29 release candidate #1

The mod_perl 1.29 release candidate #1 has arrived. It can be
downloaded here:

http://www.apache.org/~gozer/mp1/mod_perl-1.28_01-dev-rc1.tar.gz

MD5 : 9f3e81dcdea7cdda3715631c25e446ef
SHA1: 1d14efb2ad89750dabcb3780b92992c1b8744551

The summary of what has changed since 1.28 are (from Changes):

Add a workaround for the 'rand' bug for perl 5.8.1 (compiled with
either -DUSE_HASH_SEED or -DUSE_HASH_SEED_EXPLICIT, which is the
default), causing all forked procs to produce the same rand
sequence. [Stas]

For Win32, add an INSTALL_LIB option to 'perl Makefile.PL' to
allow one to specify where to install mod_perl.lib. If not
given, this defaults to APACHE_SRC\libexec, if this exists.
Suggested by Steve Hay [randyk]

Fix t/net/perl/sym.pl (called by modules/symbol) not to affect other
tests (internal/http-get and internal/http-post, which were failing to
call exit) [Stas]

Fix Apache::ExtUtils to work with blead perl (it was breaking the
build) http://rt.perl.org/rt2/Ticket/Display.html?id=23803 [Stas]

On Win32 the uploaded file wasn't cleaned up (weither it's a bug in
CGI.pm or not), make sure we don't leave any dropped files around
[Steve Hay <st...@uk.radan.com>]

For Win32, keep drive letters in mod_perl.dsp to fix bug, reported
by DH <cr...@yahoo.com>, when compiling mod_perl in
cases where Apache and Perl are on different drives [Randy Kobes].

Add workaround to define statcache in Apache.xs so that
one can build on Win32 ActivePerl 8xx with LARGE_FILES
support [Randy Kobes]

--

A more detailled review of each patch included in this release candidate
can be found here:

http://www.apache.org/~gozer/mp1/1.28-dev/

Philippe M. Chiasson /gozer\@(cpan|ectoplasm)\.org/ 88C3A5A5 (122FF51B/C634E37B)
http://gozer.ectoplasm.org/    F9BF E0C2 480E 7680 1AE5 3631 CB32 A107 88C3 A5A5
Q: It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.
perl -e'$$=\${gozer};{$_=unpack(P7,pack(L,$$));/^JAm_pH\n$/&&print||$$++&&redo}'

Re: [mp1] 1.29 release candidate #1

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Steve Hay wrote:
> Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
>
>> The mod_perl 1.29 release candidate #1 has arrived. It can be
>> downloaded here:
>>
>> http://www.apache.org/~gozer/mp1/mod_perl-1.28_01-dev-rc1.tar.gz
>>
>> MD5 : 9f3e81dcdea7cdda3715631c25e446ef
>> SHA1: 1d14efb2ad89750dabcb3780b92992c1b8744551
>>
> Passed all tests on WinXP/MSVC++6 with Apache 1.3.28/Perl 5.8.1.
>
> Is there any chance of getting a fixed up Apache::Reload module into
> this?  I already have that module in my own Apache/Perl setup, but it
> never got fixed in the way that was discussed a while ago (to provide an
> "UndefOnReload" option like Apache::StatINC has), and it was definitely
> going to be put into mp1 & mp2 with that fix in it as a replacement for
> Apache::StatINC...
>
> There are various threads in which this was all discussed at length, e.g.
>
>    http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl-dev&m=105545899207827&w=2
>    http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl-dev&m=105591352209314&w=2
>
> What's the current situation on all this?

I think the thread wasn't completed. We started discussing what's the proper
way to undef things and how to re-use the code for mp1 and mp2, and ran out of
steam. That was back in June. It's definitely something that needs to be resolved.

Re: [mp1] 1.29 release candidate #1

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.

Posted by Steve Hay <st...@uk.radan.com>.
Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:

>The mod_perl 1.29 release candidate #1 has arrived. It can be
>downloaded here:
>
>http://www.apache.org/~gozer/mp1/mod_perl-1.28_01-dev-rc1.tar.gz
>
>MD5 : 9f3e81dcdea7cdda3715631c25e446ef
>SHA1: 1d14efb2ad89750dabcb3780b92992c1b8744551

Passed all tests on WinXP/MSVC++6 with Apache 1.3.28/Perl 5.8.1.

Is there any chance of getting a fixed up Apache::Reload module into
this?  I already have that module in my own Apache/Perl setup, but it
never got fixed in the way that was discussed a while ago (to provide an
"UndefOnReload" option like Apache::StatINC has), and it was definitely
going to be put into mp1 & mp2 with that fix in it as a replacement for
Apache::StatINC...

There are various threads in which this was all discussed at length, e.g.

    http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl-dev&m=105545899207827&w=2
    http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl-dev&m=105591352209314&w=2

What's the current situation on all this?

- Steve

Re: [mp1] 1.29 release candidate #1

Posted by Steve Hay <st...@uk.radan.com>.