Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by William Ferguson <Wi...@contractorsolutions.com.au> on 2006/07/31 05:29:02 UTC

[Axis2] How do you generate WSDL that has a wsdl:fault?

Hi,

I'm using Axis2 1.0 and cam't seem to get the AxisServlet to return WSDL
that defines a wsdl:fault.

I have a simple Service class that has 3 methods,
  1) returns void and throws WSException which extends from Exception
  2) returns void and throws WSRemoteException which extends from
RemoteException
  3) returns String and throws WSException which extends from Exception

I package the service up (just the Service class and the Exceptions)
with the services.xml and deploy it into Tomcat. I then retrieve the
WSDL via the AxisServlet and this is where the problem seems to lie.
There is no wsdl:fault definitions for any of the service methods that
actually throw Exceptions.

What do I need to do to get some valid WSDL?

When I execute a client against this service, the method that returns
String throws an AxisFault. Since the WSDL doesn't define any fault I
expect this is reasonable. But the other 2 methods don't throw any
Exception and just return normally. What has swallowed the Exception?

William

Re: [Axis2] How do you generate WSDL that has a wsdl:fault?

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Yes, it is a  bug. Please open a JIRA issue and then upload a zip of
your sample code.

-- dims

Posted by Derek <de...@crc-corp.com>.