Posted to rampart-dev@ws.apache.org by Roxanne Yee <ry...@akimeka.com> on 2008/07/16 06:07:26 UTC

Newbie Basics: Specfic Project

Hey everyone,

I'm working on a project that needs to be finished in the next day or two (For where I'm located, that's around July 16, 2008).^^'Sorry everyone for such a late notice! If anyone could help with the following issues, it would me MOST APPRECIATED!

Server: Axis2 1.4 inside of Tomcat 6.0.16 using the Rampart 1.4 module to implement WSS Security
Client: soapUI 2.0.2? plugin for Eclipse

Simple WSS Configurations I would like to apply as separate configurations(e.x. Timestamp Only or in combination if there is time):
   - User Name Token w/ username and password
   - Timestamp
   - Signatures
   - Encryption

It would be even better if someone could explain what is needed on the soapUI side as well (if they have any experience with it).

Thanks.

=>RY

P.S.
:< Unfortunately, I'm unable to be at my work station right now until about 12 to 12 and a half hours from now. Thus I can't really apply any suggestions at the moment, but I would still like to gain as much knowledge as possible. That way I'll have a lot to think about in case people aren't around the mailing list when I'm at my work station.

Re: Newbie Basics: Specfic Project

Posted by Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <na...@gmail.com>.
You can see the default value is 300 [1],

*public* *static* *final* *int* DEFAULT_TIMESTAMP_TTL = 300;

you can set this value using the RampartConfig using the property
"timestampTTL" . see [2].

thanks,
nandana

[1] -
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/webservices/rampart/trunk/java/modules/rampart-core/src/main/java/org/apache/rampart/policy/model/RampartConfig.java?view=markup
[2] - http://ws.apache.org/rampart/rampartconfig-guide.html

Posted by Roxanne Yee <ry...@akimeka.com>.

Posted by Roxanne Yee <ry...@akimeka.com>.
Actually, I should probably ask instead: are there any features that Rampart by default, automatically places in when you choose a configuration? Or do the users have full control? For instance, if we use a User Name Token, is a <Nonce> and a <Created> already attached?

Posted by Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <na...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Roxanne Yee <ry...@akimeka.com>.
Thanks. How about what the restrictions are for <tag>[what's in here?]</tag> Are there any?

Posted by Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <na...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Roxanne Yee <ry...@akimeka.com>.

Posted by Roxanne Yee <ry...@akimeka.com>.
Would you happen to know where to find policies with just a timestamp and just encryption?

Posted by Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <na...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Roxanne Yee <ry...@akimeka.com>.
I know this seems kind of silly, but is it possible to ask if someone's already written the policy file for these situations?

Also, how difficult would it be to implement these standards over SSL?

Thanks again!

=>RY