Posted to user@ant.apache.org by ram <ra...@curvesoft.com> on 2005/01/18 18:53:53 UTC

Xerces problem with JDK 1.5 and Ant 1.6.2

Hi,

I'm having a problem running a small test program that calls
DocumentBuilderFactor.newInstance() and prints out the name
of the actual factory class.

If I run it by invoking java (1.5) directly on the commandline,
it works fine and reports the factory as:

factory is: com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl

If I run it with ant (1.6.1 or 1.6.2), I get this error:

[java] javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError: Provider
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl could not be instantiated

In both cases I'm adding nothing to the classpath beyond
the current directory (.).

Thanks for any help.

Ram