Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com> on 2003/09/18 00:03:59 UTC

Re: [collections] Observed

How useful are these convenience methods? I added them, then removed them.
Trouble is that not every handler will necessarily use listeners (although
most will).

Synchronized - collection is always synchronized
Bounded - collection is always bounded
Predicated - collection is always predicated
Unmodifiable - collection can not be modified

Observed - collection is always observed
Observable - collection can be observed

Naming is dubious, but I guess Observable might be marginally better as the
observer is optional. Any other views?

Stephen

From: "Michael Heuer" <he...@acm.org>

Re: [collections] Observed

Posted by Michael Heuer <he...@acm.org>.
On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, Stephen Colebourne wrote:

> How useful are these convenience methods? I added them, then removed them.
> Trouble is that not every handler will necessarily use listeners (although
> most will).

It seems to me that the Handler is more an artifact of designing
flexibility into the implementation than something that a client (in most
cases) wants to concern themselves with.

You raise a good exception though.

   michael

Re: [collections] Observed

Posted by Michael Heuer <he...@acm.org>.