Posted to dev@htrace.apache.org by Mike Drob <md...@apache.org> on 2017/05/08 20:46:01 UTC

HTrace 4.3.0 RC1

Hi Devs,

Based on recent mailing list discussions, I've posted the first release
candidate here: (rc0 had to be discarded due to an error on my part)

http://people.apache.org/~mdrob/htrace-4.3.0-incubating-rc1/

The jars have been staged here:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehtrace-1026

There's a few minor fixes in this release:

** Bug
    * [HTRACE-387] - htrace-c should have a test dependency on
htrace-htraced
    * [HTRACE-393] - Binary annotations are being shown as base64 in the
zipkin frontend

** Improvement
    * [HTRACE-386] - htrace-c: add functions for retrieving the span ID to
the public API

This vote will run for 5 days ( Sat May 13 21:00:00 UTC 2017 )

Thanks,
Mike

Re: HTrace 4.3.0 RC1

Posted by Masatake Iwasaki <iw...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.
Thanks for driving this, Mike!

I see 2 places in which older version is referred to.
I think the part in htrace-c could be blocker for the release.
Updating these on release should be automated in follow-up jira.

htrace-c/src/CMakeLists.txt::

     # Set version 4.2.0
     set(HTRACE_VERSION_MAJOR "4")
     set(HTRACE_VERSION_MINOR "2")
     set(HTRACE_VERSION_PATCH "0")
     {noformat}

htrace-htraced/pom.xml::

             <configuration>
               <group>Application</group>
               <needarch>true</needarch>
               <release>4.2.0</release>

I did not find any issue about functionality.

* built from source tarball.
* built hadoop trunk against htrace-4.3.0-incubating.
* verified that spans in HDFS works by HTracedSpanReceiver and htraced.

Regards,
Masatake Iwasaki

Re: HTrace 4.3.0 RC1

Posted by Mike Drob <md...@apache.org>.
Looking over the previous release vote thread on general@incubator, I would
like to get HTRACE-398 in before the next RC, so I'll hold off on creating
it.

Re: HTrace 4.3.0 RC1

Posted by Mike Drob <md...@apache.org>.

Re: HTrace 4.3.0 RC1