Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Pete Nelson <pe...@serversolved.com> on 2001/06/22 16:32:06 UTC

I think I know why Cocoon / Tomcat can't work on windows

I've been trying for several weeks to get cocoon (1.8.2) to work with
tomcat (3.2.2) on Windows (98SE, ME, and 2000 Pro) with jdk1.3.  I think
I may have figured out why it won't work.

The problem is that parts of tomcat (org.apache.tomcat.util.xml.*)
require the older xml parsing libraries.  While this is okay under a
more full-featured OS, windows doesn't seperate the processing
environments between tomcat & cocoon - so unless there's a way to start
up cocoon before tomcat, the older parsers will always be loaded first.

It would seem the only answer would be to fix
org.apache.tomcat.util.xml.* in Tomcat.  Or maybe better - don't use
windows (If only I could convince my bosses of that solution!).

I've got a developer license of JRun, so I guess I'll hang my head and
go that route.

Re: I think I know why Cocoon / Tomcat can't work on windows

Posted by Gustavo Mejia <gm...@infotec.com.mx>.
Hi Pete,

I am working with Cocoon 1.8.2 on W98 and Tomcat 3.2.1 and it's working
fine, what I change was the tomcat.bat, there I disabled the dynamic
Classpath, and works with the static classpath, there you can define the
order to load the classes.

Gustavo