Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Rode González <ro...@libnova.es> on 2011/08/29 11:43:00 UTC

index full text as possible

Hi all.

I want to index/search from/about text books.

p.e. i have the phrase "i live near mountains, but i also like the beach.".

and the costumers could ask about "live near mountains". I want the exact match, not the tokens matches separately.

In the seach is easy, i search for the phrase... but in index time, how could i index it (the complete text) like a text field in mysql? Is it possible?

Possible solutions:

the full text perhaps isn't possible, but index phrases using ...? what?

thanks in advance.

Rode.

Re: index full text as possible

Posted by Gora Mohanty <go...@mimirtech.com>.
2011/8/29 Rode González <ro...@libnova.es>:
> Hi all.
>
> I want to index/search from/about text books.
>
> p.e. i have the phrase "i live near mountains, but i also like the beach.".
>
> and the costumers could ask about "live near mountains". I want the exact match, not the tokens matches separately.
>
> In the seach is easy, i search for the phrase... but in index time, how could i index it (the complete text) like a text field in mysql? Is it possible?
>
> Possible solutions:
>
> the full text perhaps isn't possible, but index phrases using ...? what?
[...]

Your question is not completely clear: How are phrases to
be identified in the input text that is to be indexed? Also,
depending on the volume of text you have, and the available
hardware, it is quite possible to index the full text, but maybe
I am not following your intent here.

Regards,
Gora