Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Ryan Ollos <ry...@wandisco.com> on 2013/03/25 18:24:13 UTC

Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #185: Typeahead for usernames on 'assign to' fields

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 8:47 AM, Apache Bloodhound <
bloodhound-dev@incubator.apache.org> wrote:

> #185: Typeahead for usernames on 'assign to' fields
> --------------------------+--------------------
>   Reporter:  jdreimann    |      Owner:  nobody
>       Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
>  Component:  ui design    |    Version:
> Resolution:               |   Keywords:  gsoc
> --------------------------+--------------------
>
> Comment (by jdreimann):
>
>  Replying to [comment:3 olemis]:
>  I've removed the GSoC tag because a solution to this already exists (see
>  gjm's coment).
>
> --
> Ticket URL: <https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/185#comment:4>
> Apache Bloodhound <https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/>
> The Apache Bloodhound (incubating) issue tracker

The AutocompleteUsersPlugin needs some work to make it compatible with
recent versions of jQuery. A patch was recently submitted that fixes most
of the issues, but it needs to be refactored to eliminate a huge amount of
JS code duplication. After I pull that patch in, we could start testing the
plugin with Bloodhound. I could keep that on my near-term TODO list, and
maybe have it ready for inclusion in Release 6. Thoughts?

Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #185: Typeahead for usernames on 'assign to' fields

Posted by Ryan Ollos <ry...@wandisco.com>.
On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 10:43 AM, Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com> wrote:

> On 25.03.2013 18:34, Joachim Dreimann wrote:
> > On 25 March 2013 17:24, Ryan Ollos <ry...@wandisco.com> wrote:

> (see

> >> The AutocompleteUsersPlugin needs some work to make it compatible with
> >> recent versions of jQuery. A patch was recently submitted that fixes
> most
> >> of the issues, but it needs to be refactored to eliminate a huge amount
> of
> >> JS code duplication. After I pull that patch in, we could start testing
> the
> >> plugin with Bloodhound. I could keep that on my near-term TODO list, and
> >> maybe have it ready for inclusion in Release 6. Thoughts?
> >>
> > It's fairly low priority in my opinion, but if it's easy and quick for
> you
> > to do, sure!
>
> I suggest we tag such simple tasks as entry-level, for new contributors.
> As Joe says, they're too small for GSoC, and too low priority to worry
> about them ourselves, at least pre-1.0.

I think we've been using "starter" for tickets that are ideal for new
contributors.

Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #185: Typeahead for usernames on 'assign to' fields

Posted by Joachim Dreimann <jo...@wandisco.com>.
On 25 March 2013 17:43, Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com> wrote:

> On 25.03.2013 18:34, Joachim Dreimann wrote:
> > On 25 March 2013 17:24, Ryan Ollos <ry...@wandisco.com> wrote:

> (see

> >> The AutocompleteUsersPlugin needs some work to make it compatible with
> >> recent versions of jQuery. A patch was recently submitted that fixes
> most
> >> of the issues, but it needs to be refactored to eliminate a huge amount
> of
> >> JS code duplication. After I pull that patch in, we could start testing
> the
> >> plugin with Bloodhound. I could keep that on my near-term TODO list, and
> >> maybe have it ready for inclusion in Release 6. Thoughts?
> >>
> > It's fairly low priority in my opinion, but if it's easy and quick for
> you
> > to do, sure!
>
> I suggest we tag such simple tasks as entry-level, for new contributors.
> As Joe says, they're too small for GSoC, and too low priority to worry
> about them ourselves, at least pre-1.0.
>
> -- Brane

We already do Brane, the tag is called <starter> and they are highlighted
on our BloodhoundContributing page:
https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/wiki/BloodhoundContributing

I'm not the best judge of how easy it is though because of my limited
Python knowledge. Still working on that :)

This may be a good reminder for others though to not be shy and tag those
relevant issues!

--
Joe Dreimann | *User Experience Designer* | WANdisco<http://www.wandisco.com/>

@jdreimann <https://twitter.com/jdreimann>

Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #185: Typeahead for usernames on 'assign to' fields

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com>.

Posted by Joachim Dreimann <jo...@wandisco.com>.