Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by James Holmes <ja...@jamesholmes.com> on 2007/08/12 17:15:32 UTC

[s2] nightly builds

We need to get a process setup for generating nightly builds for Struts 2. I'm not familiar with all of the infrastructure involved with getting this going, but am
willing to help get this in place.

I have spoken briefly to James Mitchell about this and I understand that he was doing this for awhile from his own machines. Is there a way we can automate it on the
Apache servers?

Anyone have info on this?

James

Re: [s2] nightly builds

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 8/12/07, James Holmes <ja...@jamesholmes.com> wrote:
> We need to get a process setup for generating nightly builds for Struts 2. I'm not familiar with all of the infrastructure involved with getting this going, but am
> willing to help get this in place.
>
> I have spoken briefly to James Mitchell about this and I understand that he was doing this for awhile from his own machines. Is there a way we can automate it on the
> Apache servers?
>
> Anyone have info on this?

The sticking point is usually permissions to get the files transferred
to people.a.o.  Infra isn't in favor of 'faceless' accounts, so that
part needs to run as someone in particular.

There is a shared Continuum instance on vmbuild.apache.org, I'm
waiting to see how they solve the "where to publish" issue.

--
Wendy

Re: [s2] nightly builds

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@gmail.com>.
No, actually, we haven't done this on our own machines in quite a while.

For a long time we were doing this on our zone account, which is ASF
hardware.  I stopped this process a few weeks ago while doing some
maintenance and never got back to it.

I can restart this process if we need to.  Let me know.

--
James Mitchell

Re: [s2] nightly builds

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
Between Bamboo and Maven, I wonder if nightly builds are still worth
the trouble. Bamboo alerts us if we do anything that breaks the build,
and if someone wants the latest bits, "maven install" is not so much
to ask.

-Ted.