Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Lev Serebryakov <le...@serebryakov.spb.ru> on 2003/11/06 19:03:00 UTC

Re[2]: SVN dump: copying of directories.

Hello, C.!

CMP> First, 'change' with copyfrom arguments means nothing.
  Even if file case? If I want to CHANGE file with copying (overwrite
  with new copy from other place)? I seems, that it work for files.

               Lev Serebryakov

Re: Re[2]: SVN dump: copying of directories.

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.
Lev Serebryakov <le...@serebryakov.spb.ru> writes:

> Hello, C.!
> Wednesday, November 5, 2003, 5:45:33 PM, you wrote:
>
> CMP> First, 'change' with copyfrom arguments means nothing.
>   Even if file case? If I want to CHANGE file with copying (overwrite
>   with new copy from other place)? I seems, that it work for files.

It should be sufficient just to supply the new contents of the thing.
If you do 'add' with copyfrom data, but you don't include the contents
of the thing, that's a flat copy.  If you include the new contents,
that's a copy + mods.