Posted to dev@skywalking.apache.org by Mick Semb Wever <mc...@apache.org> on 2019/03/15 20:33:31 UTC

[VOTE] Apache SkyWalking graduation to Top Level Project

After the latest discussion amongst this dev community on this dev mailing list[1],  presenting Sheng Wu as the PMC Chair and the maturity model[2], and then the discussion again on the incubator list[3]. I would like to call a vote for Apache SkyWalking graduating to a top level project. I would like to note that some questions were raised by the IPMC in the incubator discussion and that it is important to read them through, and make a decision for yourself if they have been addressed. The incubator discussions also lead to the draft graduation proposal altering the list of proposed PMC, removing some inactive people and adding all the podling Committers.

Apache SkyWalking entered the incubator on December of 2017.  SkyWalking has delivered 8 releases so far in total, and now shows a good cadence of successful releases.

During the podling's time in the Apache Incubator there has been
 3200+ commits on development of the project,
  378 Issues tagged as question in GitHub created, 373 resolved,
  850+ Pull request created and resolved,
  97 different contributors,
    9 elected new committers, and
    3 elected new PPMC members.

And the dev ML has had 72 participants: https://lists.apache.org/trends.html?dev@skywalking.apache.org:2019

Attached is the draft Resolution for the PPMC and IPMC to vote upon.

Please take a minute to vote on whether or not Apache SkyWalking should
graduate to a Top Level Project by responding with one of the following:

[ ] +1 Apache SkyWalking should graduate.
[ ] +0 No opinion
[ ] -1 Apache SkyWalking should not graduate (please provide the reason)

The VOTE is open for a minimum of 72 hours. Per Apache guidelines[4] I will
also be notifying the incubator mailing list that a community vote is under
way.

regards,
Mick

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/9aab116a5df46d10a655bbf243f525260bad7763f6f65bce19ec33bd@%3Cdev.skywalking.apache.org%3E
[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SKYWALKING/Apache+Maturity+Model+Assessment+for+SkyWalking
[3] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/68b06b2efdcd4f519cd9aa3df55d46bf0dade28002065fbad75d4195@%3Cdev.skywalking.apache.org%3E
[4] https://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#community_graduation_vote

----

Establish the Apache SkyWalking Project

WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best interests of
the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's purpose to establish
a Project Management Committee charged with the creation and maintenance
of open-source software, for distribution at no charge to the public,
related to application performance management and monitoring (APM).

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management Committee
(PMC), to be known as the "Apache SkyWalking Project", be and hereby is
established pursuant to Bylaws of the Foundation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache SkyWalking Project be and hereby is
responsible for the creation and maintenance of software related to
application performance management and monitoring (APM); and
be it further

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache SkyWalking" be and
hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve at the
direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of the Apache
SkyWalking Project, and to have primary responsibility for management of
the projects within the scope of responsibility of the Apache SkyWalking
Project; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and hereby are
appointed to serve as the initial members of the Apache SkyWalking
Project:

  * Haoyang Liu  (刘浩杨)          <li...@apache.org>
  * Hongtao Gao  (高洪涛)          <ha...@apache.org>
  * Ignasi Barrera                              <na...@apache.org>
  * Mick Semb Wever                     <mc...@apache.org>
  * Sheng Wu  (吴晟)                      <wu...@apache.org>
  * Shinn Zhang  (张鑫)                   <zh...@apache.org>
  * Willem Ning Jiang  (姜宁)        <ni...@apache.org>
  * Yongsheng Peng  (彭勇升)       <pe...@apache.org>
  * DongXue Si (司冬雪)                    <il...@apache.org>
  * Jian Tan (谭建)                               <ta...@apache.org>
  * Kai Wang (王凯)                               <wa...@apache.org>
  * Yang Bai (柏杨)                               <ba...@apache.org>
  * Yao Wang (王垚)                               <yw...@apache.org>
  * Zhang Kewei (张科伟)              <zh...@apache.org>
 * Can Li (李璨)                                  <li...@apache.org>
 * Jiaqi Lin (林嘉绮)                      <li...@apache.org>
 * Jinlin Fu (付金林)                      <wi...@apache.org>
 * Lang Li (李浪)                           <li...@apache.org>
 * Wenbin Wang (王文斌)            <wa...@apache.org>
 * Yixiong Cao (曹奕雄)                    <ca...@apache.org>

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Sheng Wu (吴晟) be
appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache SkyWalking, to serve in
accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board of Directors and
the Bylaws of the Foundation until death, resignation, retirement, removal
or disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache SkyWalking Project be and hereby is tasked
with the migration and rationalization of the Apache Incubator
SkyWalking podling; and be it further

RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Incubator
SkyWalking podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator PMC are
hereafter discharged.

Re: [VOTE] Apache SkyWalking graduation to Top Level Project

Posted by 张科伟 Kewei zhang <zh...@apache.org>.
+1

------------------
Kewei Zhang
Apache SkyWalking

Posted by Yixiong Cao 曹奕雄 <ca...@apache.org>.
+1

| |
曹奕雄 YIxiong Cao

邮箱caoyixiong6@163.com

签名由 网易邮箱大师 定制

On 03/16/2019 09:06, 付金林 Jinlin Fu wrote:
+1

xin zhang <nz...@gmail.com> 于2019年3月16日周六 上午9:03写道:

--
*Jinlin Fu*

Re: [VOTE] Apache SkyWalking graduation to Top Level Project

Posted by 付金林 Jinlin Fu <wi...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
*Jinlin Fu*

回复: [VOTE] Apache SkyWalking graduation to Top Level Project

Posted by "DongXue Si(IluckySi)" <11...@qq.com>.
+1
Greate~
Best Regards~

Posted by xin zhang <nz...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by jw delver <de...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by 吴晟 Sheng Wu <wu...@foxmail.com>.

[1] https://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#community_graduation_vote

------------------

Posted by 王凯 Kai Wang <or...@gmail.com>.
+1

Yanlong He <ya...@gmail.com>于2019年3月16日 周六上午8:50写道:

--
王凯 Kai Wang

Re: [VOTE] Apache SkyWalking graduation to Top Level Project

Posted by Yanlong He <ya...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <ig...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by 彭勇升 Peng Yongsheng <80...@qq.com>.
+1

—————————
Yongsheng Peng
> [...]

> * Wenbin Wang (王文斌)            <wa...@apache.org>
> * Yixiong Cao (曹奕雄)                    <ca...@apache.org>
>

> NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Sheng Wu (吴晟) be
> appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache SkyWalking, to serve in
> accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board of Directors and
> the Bylaws of the Foundation until death, resignation, retirement, removal
> or disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the Apache SkyWalking Project be and hereby is tasked
> with the migration and rationalization of the Apache Incubator
> SkyWalking podling; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Incubator
> SkyWalking podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator PMC are
> hereafter discharged.

Re: [VOTE] Apache SkyWalking graduation to Top Level Project

Posted by ch...@163.com.
+1

Jiaqi Lin

发自我的 iPhone

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Posted by Yao Wang 王垚 <al...@outlook.com>.
+1

——
Yao Wang
Apache SkyWalking, DaoCloud Labs
Twitter, @tinyallen16

在 2019年3月16日 下午6:54:12, 王文斌 Wenbin Wang (zhijiantianya@gmail.com<ma...@gmail.com>) 写到:

+1

柏杨Yang Bai <ba...@gmail.com> 于2019年3月16日周六 下午3:34写道:

--
Wenbin Wang

Re: [VOTE] Apache SkyWalking graduation to Top Level Project

Posted by 王文斌 Wenbin Wang <zh...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Wenbin Wang

Re: [VOTE] Apache SkyWalking graduation to Top Level Project

Posted by 柏杨Yang Bai <ba...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
------------------
柏杨 Yang Bai

Re: [VOTE] Apache SkyWalking graduation to Top Level Project

Posted by Liu Haoyang <li...@hotmail.com>.
My +1

    And the dev ML has had 72 participants: https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Flists.apache.org%2Ftrends.html%3Fdev%40skywalking.apache.org%3A2019&amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7C1ae2e0fc468c4803e64408d6a9858129%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636882788188253102&amp;sdata=%2F3%2BwjgzBHdLPgfHj4SGUcUlQ2yO7N2vUmI6fJ2ebNLc%3D&amp;reserved=0

Posted by yuguangzhao <76...@qq.com>.
+1

Br. zhao

The vote has passed, with 23 +1s votes and no -1 votes.

Everyone on the PPMC voted +1 (except for myself, I did not vote), which means 19 binding +1 votes.

regards,
Mick

Posted by Mick Semb Wever <mc...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jian Tan <ta...@apache.org>.
+1

赵禹光 <76...@qq.com>于2019年3月16日 周六14:36写道:

> +1
>
> > 在 2019年3月16日,上午10:45,李璨 lican <li...@foxmail.com> 写道:
> >
> > +1
> >

> > ------------------
> > Can Li

Jian Tan
Apache SkyWalking Committer && PPMC, DaoCloud Labs
Twitter, @tanjian2015

Re: [VOTE] Apache SkyWalking graduation to Top Level Project

Posted by 赵禹光 <76...@qq.com>.
+1

Posted by 李璨 lican <li...@foxmail.com>.
+1