Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Anjib Mulepati <an...@hotmail.com> on 2010/12/07 20:36:01 UTC

Connection Pooling with Struts

I have to do DB connection (Oracle 10g) in my application developed in
Struts 1.3.8.

Currently I am implementing JDBC. As far I understand this is not a good
technique for real project. So I am hoping someone could suggest me how
to do DB handling efficiently?

Thanks
Anjib

Re: Connection Pooling with Struts

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@gmail.com>.
Is the question about connection pooling, as the subject line indicates, or
is the question about generic DB handling and JDBC v. ORMs?

Dave

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
careful stan..he has a PhD from an Indian University!

Martin
Man1: in my next life I want to be an attorney from the Middle-East
Man1: why do you want to be an attorney from the Middle-East?
Man1: so i can work for an American Company

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 6:15 PM, Anjib wrote:

> I am asking about ORM tool not Struts framework itself.

I think the point was more along the lines of "why are you asking here,"
since you're not asking about the Struts framework.

Dave

Re: Connection Pooling with Struts

Posted by Ty Connell <ty...@gmail.com>.
Then you should be asking on the appropriate list.

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#forum

Posted by Anjib <an...@hotmail.com>.
  Dude

Posted by st...@gmail.com.

Posted by Anjib Mulepati <an...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Ty Connell <ty...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anjib Mulepati <an...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Arthur Neves <ar...@gmail.com>.
Nop,

Posted by Anjib Mulepati <an...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Johannes Geppert <jo...@web.de>.

anjibman wrote:

> I have to do DB connection (Oracle 10g) in my application developed in
> Struts 1.3.8.
>
> Currently I am implementing JDBC. As far I understand this is not a good
> technique for real project. So I am hoping someone could suggest me how
> to do DB handling efficiently?
>
> Thanks
> Anjib

-----