Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Peter Palaga <pp...@redhat.com> on 2018/11/30 17:27:59 UTC

JAXB dependency in parent only for Java 8?

Hi *,

I wonder why are these [1] com.sun.xml.bind:jxb-* deps added only for
Java 8? Looking at the history, it looks as a leftover of porting to
Java 8. I came across this when porting WildFly Camel (WFC) to Java 11.
There in WFC the problem goes away when I make this profile active for
[1.8,). Before I sent a patch, maybe anybody sees a better solution that
will work for Java 8 to 11?

[1]
https://github.com/apache/camel/blob/camel-2.23.0/parent/pom.xml#L5676-L5691

Thanks,

-- Peter

Re: JAXB dependency in parent only for Java 8?

Posted by Peter Palaga <pp...@redhat.com>.
I reported this as https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-12972
-- P

Posted by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>.
Hi Peter,
most of the changes that are required to run on Java 11 are already on
the master, like dependency upgrades of Spring/Spring Boot, Groovy,
MVEL...

Camel, with the right dependencies, most notably on JAXB, could work
just fine on Java 11.

I'm hoping on getting the remaining 5% of tests that fail on
`java-10-test` branch succeeding soon and then that'll merge over to
`master`.

To me this looks like it'll be 2.24. You're more than welcome to test
and report any issues we might have missed with tests.

zoran

--
Zoran Regvart

Re: JAXB dependency in parent only for Java 8?

Posted by Peter Palaga <pp...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>.
Hi Peter,

--