Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Erol Blakely <er...@points.com> on 2018/04/26 17:00:07 UTC

Upgrade from 1.6 to 2.0 or 2.1

Hi all,

I have gone over the documentation and I may be missing something - is
there a clear upgrade path from couch 1.6 to (ideally) 2.1 ? We have ~12
Couch 1.6 DBs in use and I'd like to get them into Couch2 , preferably the
latest stable release.
We have tried replicating the data in and adjusting the views to
accommodate the changes made to the underlying DB, however we continually
have document conflicts in the database.
Has anyone done this or are there any best practices to follow with this?

The documentation is not 100% clear if we should do a sequential upgrade
1.6 -> 1.7 -> 2.0 -> 2.1 or something to that effect.

Any info would be appreciated with regards to this.

Thanks.
./e

Re: Upgrade from 1.6 to 2.0 or 2.1

Posted by Joan Touzet <wo...@apache.org>.
You can jump directly from 1.6 to 2.1.1, no problem. You don't have to
jump through 1.7 or 2.0.

We provide a migration utility called couchup. Documentation is here:

http://docs.couchdb.org/en/latest/install/upgrading.html

-Joan