Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Boris Spasojevic <bo...@epfl.ch> on 2010/07/21 08:57:00 UTC

State Objects

Hi all,

I am attempting to capture the states that Cassandra passes through for
some analyses. I have found the HeartBeatState, ApplicationState and
EndPointState (http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/ArchitectureGossip)
classes but I cannot find a list of values which can appear in the
fields of the AplicationState (int version_; String state_;) mostly
state_, because version is, as I understood it, just for control. Could
anyone give any detail on how the states are organized, and what values
should I expect.

Thanks in advance,
BoriS

Re: State Objects

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
It's a string instead of an int precisely because there is no such list;
different systems can put anything they want there. For instance, node
movement will cause the new token to be encoded there.