Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Michael Mattox <mi...@verideon.com> on 2003/05/27 14:13:03 UTC

[HttpClient]

I'm developing an application that measures the performance of a website
from a user's perspective.  Right now I'm starting with connect time and
download time for a given URL.  I was using the java HttpURLConnection but
it was reporting a 0ms connect time because it was using sockets/connections
that were already open.  So I switched the connection part to the Commons
HttpClient.  I'm curious if anyone has some example code of using the
HttpClient to do some performance measurements?  The HttpClient seems to
have a lot more in features than the java one, so I'm curious what all it
can do performance-wise.

Thanks,
Michael Mattox