Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Doug MacEachern <do...@telebusiness.co.nz> on 1998/05/08 01:03:09 UTC

mod_cgi busted in 1.3b7-dev

With a fresh cvs update -dP and no mod_perl, only the default modules
linked in, this script:

#!/usr/bin/perl

print "Content-type: text/plain\n\n";

print "ok\n";

results in:

[Fri May  8 10:57:46 1998] [error] Premature end of script headers:
/opt/www/apache/perl/cgi.pl

runs just fine from the command line and under mod_perl, no idea what
the problem is.
Anyone else seen this?

-Doug

Re: mod_cgi busted in 1.3b7-dev

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
Marc Slemko wrote:

> The cleanup that sets server_version == NULL is broken because we need to
> get the server version in the CGI child with add_common_vars that happens
> _after_ the cleanup.

After a little closer look, it's not the cleanup that appears to be at
fault, but the registration of it.  Just commited a patch that appears
to fix this.

#ken	P-)}

Re: mod_cgi busted in 1.3b7-dev

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
Marc Slemko wrote:

> Cute.
>
> The cleanup that sets server_version == NULL is broken because we need to
> get the server version in the CGI child with add_common_vars that happens
> _after_ the cleanup.

Hmm.  Given that (according to Dean) the definition of the pconf pool
is:

:pconf
:  o subpool of permanent_pool
:  o created at the beginning of a config "cycle"; exists until the
:    server is terminated or restarts; passed to all config-time
:    routines, either via cmd->pool, or as the "pool *p" argument
:    on those which don't take pools
:  o passed to the module init() functions

why would the cleanup even be getting triggered?  The only places I
see the pool getting cleared or destroyed is in the main loop.

Well.  My first serious dealings with cleanups a fiery trial.

#ken	P-)}

Re: mod_cgi busted in 1.3b7-dev

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>.
Cute.

Re: mod_cgi busted in 1.3b7-dev

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>.
On Thu, 7 May 1998, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> It just occurred to me..   Mightn't this be related to the
> seemingly innocuous change to the Status: checking code that
> Ben made a few days ago?  Adding a Status: header field doesn't
> seem to change the behaviour, but I wonder..
>
> No time to look into it more deeply right now; just a random
> thought.

No, it is related to the cleanup you added in the server version junk you
committed.

Re: mod_cgi busted in 1.3b7-dev

Re: mod_cgi busted in 1.3b7-dev

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.

	:
> Anyone else seen this?

Reproducible here, both for .cgi and ScriptAlias scripts. (!)

#ken	P-O}

Re: mod_cgi busted in 1.3b7-dev

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>.
Yea, someone screwed up.  It is dumping in the child where it is duping
the fds.  Probably corruption from somewhere else.

I'm looking at it.  I really don't see us being ready for a 1.3.0 right
away, not with the number of changes that have been going in lately and
the new features that are still being added.  I expect another round of
apaci things too.