Posted to users@groovy.apache.org by Gerald Wiltse <je...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/13 17:52:56 UTC

Expert Groovy Consulting

All,

We are looking for someone who is familiar with all the latest and most
powerful features of Groovy to help us re-write our existing codebase for
monitoring using these features.  Does anyone on this list teach or do
freelance groovy development like this?  We want to do the best "top-down
re-architecture" the best way possible (given the current situation).

I'm in the middle of redoing some plumbing, and I can't get over the
frustrating notion that we are doing things the old school Java way, and
not taking advantage of all the efficiencies of Groovy.  More importantly,
we're not learning and evolving the way we should be. We're just trying to
use old concepts in a new language.

Any advice or guidance would be helpful.

Gerald R. Wiltse
jerrywiltse@gmail.com

Re: Expert Groovy Consulting

Posted by Jochen Theodorou <bl...@gmx.org>.
you should add some details like if you are looking worldwide and where
you are seated. If a company in Basel (Canoo in Switzerland) fits your
needs, we can discuss buisness in private.

But to answer your question: yes, there are

bye Jochen

Posted by Gerald Wiltse <je...@gmail.com>.
I want to give my sincere thanks to all who have reached out.  I have setup
arrangements to work with someone from the list, but may reach out to
others later. I can say that I am very excited to see how many people are
actively working with Groovy, and willing to help.

I do want to point out that prior to my email to the group, I tried to find
help on HackHands.com, There were no responses to my request for Groovy
support after 2 hours of waiting. So, if anyone here wants to freelance for
Java or Groovy on bill-per-minute/hour basis, I suggest HackHands.com, it's
a great service.  I would also like to see them add Groovy as a language on
the dropdown.

Gerald R. Wiltse
jerrywiltse@gmail.com