Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at> on 2008/06/20 20:22:45 UTC

[Vote] Promote commons-exec to proper

Hi folks,

I hereby call a vote to promote commons-exec from commons sandbox to proper

[ ] +1 go ahead and promote it
[ ] 0 go ahead, I do not care
[ ] -1 no, do not promote it because …………

The vote ends on Wednesday, June 25th 2008 19:00 CEST

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

Proposal

I hereby propose to move commons-exec
(http://commons.apache.org/sandbox/exec/) from commons sandbox to proper
in order to make a first public release

+) I made my first bug fix in April 2007
+) I officially took over the code in November 2007
+) I went through all the open JIRAs and fixed them including regression
tests
+) I cleaned up the code and javadocs
+) removed commons-logging dependency
+) added a few more features plus regression tests
+) with the help of the commons community commons-exec was tested on
various platforms and JVMs (see
http://commons.apache.org/sandbox/exec/testmatrix.html)
+) I was promoted to be a commons committer in April 2008
+) there was some interest in getting/using commons-exec from the user
community
+) I use commons-exec in production for more than on year

The following commons developer have expressed their support regarding
ongoing maintenance

+) Niklas Gustavsson (ported the initial code from Ant to commons-exec)
+) James Carman (wrote a little helper library in absence of commons-exec)

Based on the previous feedback I made the following changes

+) added a note to MapUtil and StringUtils that they are not part of the
official API (James Carman)
+) added a status section to the main page (Rahul Alkokar)

Re: [Vote] Promote commons-exec to proper

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 6/20/08, Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
>  I hereby call a vote to promote commons-exec from commons sandbox to proper
>
>  [X] +1 go ahead and promote it
>  [ ] 0 go ahead, I do not care
>  [ ] -1 no, do not promote it because …………

<snip/>

-Rahul

Re: [Vote] Promote commons-exec to proper

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@steitz.com>.
+1

Phil

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
+1 go ahead and promote it

Niall

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 8:22 PM, Siegfried Goeschl
<si...@it20one.at> wrote:
> I hereby call a vote to promote commons-exec from commons sandbox to proper

+1

/niklas

Re: [Vote] Promote commons-exec to proper

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
+1

2008/6/21 Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>:
> Hi folks,
>
> I hereby call a vote to promote commons-exec from commons sandbox to proper
>
> [ ] +1 go ahead and promote it
> [ ] 0 go ahead, I do not care
> [ ] -1 no, do not promote it because …………
>

> The vote ends on Wednesday, June 25th 2008 19:00 CEST
>
> Cheers,
>
> Siegfried Goeschl
>

> Proposal
>
> I hereby propose to move commons-exec
> (http://commons.apache.org/sandbox/exec/) from commons sandbox to proper in
> order to make a first public release
>
> +) I made my first bug fix in April 2007
> +) I officially took over the code in November 2007
> +) I went through all the open JIRAs and fixed them including regression
> tests
> +) I cleaned up the code and javadocs
> +) removed commons-logging dependency
> +) added a few more features plus regression tests
> +) with the help of the commons community commons-exec was tested on various
> platforms and JVMs (see
> http://commons.apache.org/sandbox/exec/testmatrix.html)
> +) I was promoted to be a commons committer in April 2008
> +) there was some interest in getting/using commons-exec from the user
> community
> +) I use commons-exec in production for more than on year
>

> The following commons developer have expressed their support regarding
> ongoing maintenance
>
> +) Niklas Gustavsson (ported the initial code from Ant to commons-exec)
> +) James Carman (wrote a little helper library in absence of commons-exec)
>
> Based on the previous feedback I made the following changes
>
> +) added a note to MapUtil and StringUtils that they are not part of the
> official API (James Carman)
> +) added a status section to the main page (Rahul Alkokar)

Brett Porter
Blog: http://blogs.exist.com/bporter/

Re: [Vote] Promote commons-exec to proper

Posted by Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr>.
+1

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
+1