Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by maillist <ma...@emailacs.com> on 2007/10/30 22:35:54 UTC

required_score

SpamAssassin version 3.2.3
  running on Perl version 5.8.8
mimedefang version 2.63
sendmail Version 8.14.0

I have been running spamassassin for over 2 years now, and suddenly, the
required score has changed.  I have it set to 7.0, but it has suddenly
changed back to the default of 5.0.  I only noticed it today, and
haven't got a clue as to where it's pulling the required score from.

/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf:

require_score 7.0

I am no using any user_prefs anywhere (that I know of).  But just
in-case I was, I changed all instances of any file called user_prefs to 7.0.

If I run spamc -c < message, I get back
5.5/7.0

if I run spamassassin -t message
I also get back the correct score.

I start spamd as root like this

/usr/bin/spamd -r /var/run/spamd.pid \
-d --username=defang --max-spare=8 --min-children=10 --max-children=45

Any help is appreciated.

-Aubrey

Re: required_score

Posted by maillist <ma...@emailacs.com>.
Jason Bertoch wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 30, 2007 5:36 PM maillist wrote:
>

>> SpamAssassin version 3.2.3
>>   running on Perl version 5.8.8
>> mimedefang version 2.63
>> sendmail Version 8.14.0
>>

> Check for either /etc/mail/sa-mimedefang.cf or
> /etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-mimedefang.cf
>

> Jason A. Bertoch
> Network Administrator
> jason@electronet.net
> ElectroNet Intermedia Consulting
> 3411 Capital Medical Blvd.
> Tallahassee, FL 32308
> (V) 850.222.0229 (F) 850.222.8771

You were exactly correct.  I upgraded mimedefang a couple of weeks ago.
I guess that file was overwritten.

Thanks

-Aubrey

RE: required_score