Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Ralph Apel <r....@r-apel.de> on 2003/10/11 12:09:34 UTC

[specs] J2EE specs for certification

Do we need specs-modules for all of them?

Do we need specs/jmx (for JSR-3 and JSR-160) ?

RE: [specs] J2EE specs for certification

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <je...@coredevelopers.net>.
IIRC, core JMX (JSR-3) suffers from the same issue as JavaMail in that
the specification includes a lot of concrete implementation. There was a
discussion on the MX4J list about trying to separate it out and produce
an interface version there but it was considered unfeasable. Geronimo is
using MX4J for its JMX implementation.

I don't know if that is also true for JSR-160 but we are currently
getting that from MX4J as well.

--
Jeremy