Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Tim Swast <sw...@google.com.INVALID> on 2018/05/29 18:17:03 UTC

What are the rules / policies for graduating classes out of airflow.contrib?

I'm investigating what is required for graduating operators / sensors / ...
out of airflow.contrib, but I couldn't find any official docs on either the
wiki, the docs, or GitHub.

What are the requirements for moving something out of contrib?

P.S. It seems like the wiki is pretty locked down. I don't seem to be able
to make comments or minor edits.

P.P.S. Maybe we should migrate some of the existing policy docs & how-to
from the wiki to a  the Sphinx docs since I could figure out how to propose
edits to those but not the wiki, ironically.

*  •  **Tim Swast*
*  •  *Software Friendliness Engineer
*  •  *Google Cloud Developer Relations
*  •  *Seattle, WA, USA

Re: What are the rules / policies for graduating classes out of airflow.contrib?

Posted by Maxime Beauchemin <ma...@gmail.com>.
* At least one active committer that runs that code in their environment
and cares enough and has enough context to review / fix things if need be
* Decent code quality
* Decent unit test coverage
* Decent underlying libraries (no dependencies on unmaintained/unpopular
libs)

About the wiki I agree that it may make sense to bring more over to the
sphinx side of things. I think we'd be welcoming PR that would move docs
over that way.

Max