Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/04 09:01:49 UTC

Re: Problem with ListModule

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 12:13 AM, Ross Camara <rm...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to use the ant task 'listmodule' to retrieve a listing of all
> the modules in my repository in my build scripts. However upon execution
> of
> the task only a portion of all the modules are listed. I'm wondering if
> anyone one has some suggestions why I'm seeing this strange behavior.
>
> This is my ant task:
> <target name="ml" >
>      <ivy:listmodules module="*" organisation="*" revision="*" property=
> "ips.[module]" value="found"/>
>      <echoproperties prefix="ips"></echoproperties>
> </target>
>
> Resolvers:
> <resolvers>
>      <filesystem name="Central" allownomd="no"
>            local="false" >
>            <ivy
>                  pattern="${ivy.repository.enterprise.root}/
> [organisation]/[revision]/[module]/component.xml"/>
>            <artifact
>                  pattern="${ivy.repository.enterprise.root}/
> [organisation]/[revision]/[module]/[type]s/[artifact].[ext]"/>
>      </filesystem>]
>      <filesystem name="3rdParty" allownomd="no"
>            local="false">
>            <ivy
>                  pattern="${ivy.repository.3rdParty.root}/]
> [organisation]/[module]/[revision]/component.xml"/>
>            <artifact
>                  pattern="${ivy.repository.3rdParty.root}/]
> [organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[type]s/[artifact].[ext]"/>
>      </filesystem>]
> </resolvers>>]
>
> File Structure:
> RepositoryA\
>      org.eclipse\
>            sdk\
>                  3.2\
>                        compeonent.xml
>                        libs\
>                              sdk.zip
> RepositoryB\
>      com.ibm\
>            1.0\
>                  CompA\
>                        component.xml
>                        libs\
>                              compa.zip
>                  CompB
>                        component.xml
>                        libs\
>                              compb.zip
>
> The output i am receiving is:
> [echoproperties] #Ant properties
> [echoproperties] #Mon Mar 03 18:00:26 EST 2008
> [echoproperties] ips.sdk=found
>
> All the modules in 'Central' are not being listed. Am I missing something
> of have something incorrectly?

Not sure if it's a copy paste error or not, but your pattern for central
seems incorrect according to what you seem to have in your repo: revision
token should be after module token in your patterns.

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/

Re: Problem with ListModule

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
OK, I was confused by the reverse order of repositories (RepositoryB is
central repo). So I think you hit a limitation/bug in Ivy: the order of
tokens (org, module rev) for repreport to work is hard coded. We have two
open issues related to this (IVY-528 and IVY-716), which should be addressed
at once to support any order of tokens, as suggested by Maarten:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-716?focusedCommentId=12565568#action_12565568

Feel free to either vote/comment on these bugs, or open a new one with a
link to others.

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/