Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Luca Morandini <l....@tin.it> on 2001/11/22 10:38:03 UTC

Design: a more dynamic sitemap ?

Folks,

I think Cocoon is terrific for web publishing, and that the sitemap concept
is just brilliant.

But, for more complex web applications, I think the current sitemap concept
falls short.

What I would like is a sitemap which responds to SAX events and, generally,
is more dynamic.

Just imagine a SAX event modifying a sitemap parameter in order to redirect
the flow... wouldn't it be great ?

Since I don't know whether this issue is really felt amongst Cocoon users
and developers, may someone let me know his thought and/or whether this
issue has surfaced amongst the Cocoon developers ?

Best regards,

P.S.
In order to clarify my thoughts, you may look at the thread "Sitemap
parameters set by Transformer" posted about 10 ten days ago.

               Luca Morandini
               GIS Consultant
              lmorandini@ieee.org

Re: Design: a more dynamic sitemap ?

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 22 Nov 2001, Luca Morandini wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I think Cocoon is terrific for web publishing, and that the sitemap concept
> is just brilliant.

Thanks.

> But, for more complex web applications, I think the current sitemap concept
> falls short.

This is already recognized and random thoughts about how this can be
solved are issued discussed on the cocoon-dev list.

Giacomo