Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Turner, John" <JT...@AAS.com> on 2002/08/22 21:56:17 UTC

RE: STILL Need Help w. Tomcat Install (STEVE BURRUS)

Against my better judgement....

To add or change the values of environment variables:

Open System in Control Panel.

On the Advanced tab, click Environment Variables, then click the name of the
user variable or system variable you want to change, as follows.

Click:

- New to add a new variable name and value.
- Edit to change a current variable name and value.
- Delete to remove a variable name and value.

In your scenario, you will want to click "New" to ADD a new name and value.
The NAME will be "JAVA_HOME" (without the quotes).  The VALUE will be the
FULL PATH of where you installed the Java SDK.  Click OK or APPLY when you
are done, and restart your computer before trying to start tomcat.

John Turner
jturner@NOSPAM.aas.com