Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Paul Joseph <pj...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/27 20:46:03 UTC

email not working in Cocoon 2.1.11 (I think)

Hi there,

I have a standard Java Mail demo example (attached) that when I run from
the command line sends email correctly (using sendmail at the MTA).

However when I include it in a Cocoon application, and call it with the
flow script it gives one the impression that it is sending email, but
actually fails silently.
(I have the correct libs mail.jar and activation.jar in the
application's lib directory.)

It used to work (I think) in Cocoon 2.1.6

Could there be any conflict that one is aware of with the new libs in
2.1.11?

Paul

Re: email not working in Cocoon 2.1.11 (I think)

Posted by Paul Joseph <pj...@gmail.com>.
Hi There,

Thank you for your reply.

I found that I had to delete three "geronimo" jars in the WEB-INF/lib
directory and also a j2ee_1.4.jar that was also there.  It now works.

My mail code was using mail.jar from JavaMail and it had a method in it
that was being blocked when these other four jars  mentioned above were
present.  The geronimo jars apparently are known to cause mail to fail
"silently".

Paul

Posted by Jeroen Reijn <j....@onehippo.com>.
Hi,