Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Andrew Gaul <ga...@apache.org> on 2014/06/05 19:06:09 UTC

remove @author Javadoc (was: Licensing and legal question)

On Thu, Jun 05, 2014 at 04:02:24PM +0200, Ignasi Barrera wrote:
> * Regarding attribution, to be polite and democratic, I've asked to
> remove the "@author" tags (the pull request which copies Andrea's
> original code has changed some of those tags in the javadoc). To avoid
> conflicts here, I'd asked to remove them, according to the policy
> that's being followed in many other ASF projects.

Can we remove all the @author Javadoc from jclouds?  These Potemkin
comments compose roughly 1% of all of core code and have bit-rotted:

$ find -name \*.java | xargs cat | wc -l
518196
$ find -name \*.java | xargs grep @author | wc -l
4493

I can automate removal of these and add a Checkstyle regex to prevent
further graffiti.

--
Andrew Gaul
http://gaul.org/

Re: remove @author Javadoc (was: Licensing and legal question)

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <na...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Everett Toews <ev...@RACKSPACE.COM>.
+1

Posted by Jeremy Daggett <je...@RACKSPACE.COM>.
Much appreciated!

/jd

Posted by Andrew Gaul <ga...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jeremy Daggett <je...@RACKSPACE.COM>.
Thanks Andrew!

Posted by Andrew Gaul <ga...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chris Custine <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com>.
>> * Regarding attribution, to be polite and democratic, I've asked to
>> remove the "@author" tags (the pull request which copies Andrea's
>> original code has changed some of those tags in the javadoc). To avoid
>> conflicts here, I'd asked to remove them, according to the policy
>> that's being followed in many other ASF projects.
>
> Can we remove all the @author Javadoc from jclouds?

Sounds like a plan! +1.

Thanks, Andrew G!

ap