Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Len, Peter" <pl...@orionsci.com> on 2000/11/12 23:27:13 UTC

Tomcat3.1 & solaris2.7 - problems with shutdown.sh

Hello,

I am running Tomcat 3.1 on a solaris 2.7 machine.  I sent an earlier
message indicating that the shutdown.sh was not really stopping the
listener (port 8080).  A couple responses indicated that it could have
been that something was commented out in the server.xml file but I could
not find any linkage.  I have since tried it on another solaris 2.7
machine and it worked fine so I don't believe it is a 2.7 issue.  The
machine where it works fine is listed as a:

SunOS 5.7 Generic_106541-08 Sun4w sparc SUNW, Ultra-Enterprise

The one that it does NOT work on is:

SunOS 5.7 Generic_106541-12 Sun4m sparc SUNW, SPARCstation 20

I don't know if the issue is some patch or something with the actual
OS.  Any thoughts?  Thanks again.

Peter Len

Re: Tomcat3.1 & solaris2.7 - problems with shutdown.sh

Posted by thomas parquier <tp...@cogelog.com>.
"Len, Peter" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am running Tomcat 3.1 on a solaris 2.7 machine.  I sent an earlier
> message indicating that the shutdown.sh was not really stopping the
> listener (port 8080).  A couple responses indicated that it could have
> been that something was commented out in the server.xml file but I could
> not find any linkage.  I have since tried it on another solaris 2.7
> machine and it worked fine so I don't believe it is a 2.7 issue.  The
> machine where it works fine is listed as a:
>
> SunOS 5.7 Generic_106541-08 Sun4w sparc SUNW, Ultra-Enterprise
>
> The one that it does NOT work on is:
>
> SunOS 5.7 Generic_106541-12 Sun4m sparc SUNW, SPARCstation 20
>
> I don't know if the issue is some patch or something with the actual
> OS.  Any thoughts?  Thanks again.
>
> Peter Len

Hi,

It looks like the admin listener isn't bound (8007).
The ajp connector may be commented out.
You should check for these lines :

<Connector className="org.apache.tomcat.service.SimpleTcpConnector">
  <Parameter name="handler" value="org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler"/>
  <Parameter name="port" value="8007"/>
</Connector>

regards,
-tom