Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Sharan-F <sh...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/01 09:04:21 UTC

Apachecon Core EU 2015: Next Steps

Hi All

The CFP for Apachecon Core in Budapest is now closed. Thanks for everyone
that submitted something. We have had 14 submissions from the OFBiz
Community. Details can be found at the wiki at the link below.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+Track+@+Apachecon+Core+EU+2015+Budapest

We have been asked to fill a track, (i.e. 6 presentation slots) plus keep at
least 1 additional presentation as a backup. Taking an initial look at some
of the submissions, it may be tthat they could also appeal to other tracks
in Apachecon (e.g. Community) as well as our own. This is good news because
it could mean that we may have additional presentation slots.

The next steps are that all submitted presentations will be reviewed and a
proposed track will be put together.

Please note that we are trying to achieve a balance of presentations bewteen
including topics that will attract a wide range of people to OFBiz as well
as providing some interesting topics for existing community members.

It is hoped that the by 12th July we will have a decision as to which
presentations have been accepted.

I will post further updates as I have them.

Thanks
Sharan