Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Alexander Beuscher <y0...@tu-bs.de> on 2002/09/09 12:44:15 UTC

[users@httpd] Cookies: feature or bug?

        Hello!

I have a problem with Cookies.

I need to use the [P]-option after RewriteRules. This leads to an internal
proxy passthrough (not the problem). But cookies are not passed through
(problem!!!).

(The RewriteRules hide tomcat-servlet-paths, but session tracking via
cookies is disabled this way :( )

Possible solution:

I found a thread in alt.apache.configuration started by Paul C. Brant from
June 26th, 2001 ("Reverse proxy configuration").

There he says something about sourcecode modifications that solves this
problem.

I tried to contact him via eMail, but got no answer, neither did anyone
answer to my postings to that group.

Can anyone help?

Has anyone similar experience with the internal proxy pass through?

Would Apache 2.x help? (I did not find any hint to this topic on the
feature lists...)

        Regards,

                Alexander Beuscher

PS: I am using apache 1.3.20/21.