Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by Edwin van der Elst <ed...@finalist.com> on 2013/09/26 15:56:49 UTC

Migrate users to new workflow definition

Hi all,

If I understand correctly, workflow definitions are versioned and a new workflow is only used for new users.

I want to modify the workflow in Syncope and use this new workflow for existing users.
Has anyone tried this before? I don't want to recreate all the existing users (most are 'active' or 'suspended', states that still exists in the new workflow).

I am using the default setup, with Activitii as the workflow engine.

Best regards,

Edwin van der Elst
Consultant

Finalist -  open IT oplossingen
Amsterdam - Eindhoven - Maarssen - Maastricht - Rotterdam
www.finalist.nl

Telefoon 088 217 08 11
Mobiel    06 514 413 50

Re: Migrate users to new workflow definition

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 26/09/2013 15:56, Edwin van der Elst wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> If I understand correctly, workflow definitions are versioned and a
> new workflow is only used for new users.
>
> I want to modify the workflow in Syncope and use this new workflow for
> existing users.
> Has anyone tried this before? I don't want to recreate all the
> existing users (most are 'active' or 'suspended', states that still
> exists in the new workflow).
>
> I am using the default setup, with Activitii as the workflow engine.

Hi Edwin,
I have no enough spare cycles to take a look in detail at this specific
question before next week, however I can tell you in advance that what
you are asking for is actually possible, even though it requires some
"dirt" tweaks in Activiti SQL tables.

If you want to take a look in the meanwhile, go examining ACT_* tables
on Syncope internal storage and how their content is varying when users
go through workflow.

Hope this helps.
Regards.

--