Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Sam Ruby <ru...@us.ibm.com> on 2001/01/22 04:36:27 UTC

Inviting Ted Husted to update jakarta-site

Watching the discussions and the contents of
http://husted.com/about/jakarta/index.html it seems to me that we would all
benefit if this were placed under cvs control and cross linked into the
website - as a working draft until approved.  It seems obvious to me that
some or all of it will be adopted, and having it in ready form would make
this much easier.

So I propose granting Ted Husted karma to the jakarta-site.  Do we have a
consensus?

+1 from me.

- Sam Ruby

Re: Inviting Ted Husted to update jakarta-site

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
At 07:44  21/1/01 -0800, Jon Stevens wrote:
>on 1/21/01 7:36 PM, "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
>
>> So I propose granting Ted Husted karma to the jakarta-site.  Do we have a
>> consensus?
>>
>> +1 from me.
>>
>> - Sam Ruby
>
>+1
>
>He has been providing excellent feedback and I would rather see his stuff on
>his website applied directly to ours as I see it as a living document rather
>than a static unchanging set of "rules"...

+1

agreed ;)

Cheers,

Pete

Re: Inviting Ted Husted to update jakarta-site

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@voyager.apg.more.net>.
Sam Ruby wrote:

> Watching the discussions and the contents of
> http://husted.com/about/jakarta/index.html it seems to me that we would all
> benefit if this were placed under cvs control and cross linked into the
> website - as a working draft until approved.  It seems obvious to me that
> some or all of it will be adopted, and having it in ready form would make
> this much easier.
>
> So I propose granting Ted Husted karma to the jakarta-site.  Do we have a
> consensus?

+1

Re: Inviting Ted Husted to update jakarta-site

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Jon Stevens wrote:

> on 1/21/01 7:58 PM, "Hans Bergsten" <ha...@gefionsoftware.com> wrote:
>
> > +1 here as well.
> >
> > Hans
>
> LOL!
>
> revision 1.364
> date: 2001/01/22 03:45:59;  author: rubys;  state: Exp;  lines: +1 -1
> Pre-emptive strike...  Adding Ted Husted to avail before Jon does.  ;-)

Rats ... I wanted to beat Jon this time :-)

(+1 from me as well).

> -jon

Craig

Re: Inviting Ted Husted to update jakarta-site

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.

--
Honk if you love peace and quiet.

Re: Inviting Ted Husted to update jakarta-site

Posted by Hans Bergsten <ha...@gefionsoftware.com>.
Sam Ruby wrote:

> Watching the discussions and the contents of
> http://husted.com/about/jakarta/index.html it seems to me that we would all
> benefit if this were placed under cvs control and cross linked into the
> website - as a working draft until approved.  It seems obvious to me that
> some or all of it will be adopted, and having it in ready form would make
> this much easier.
>
> So I propose granting Ted Husted karma to the jakarta-site.  Do we have a
> consensus?
>
> +1 from me.

+1 here as well.

Hans
--
Hans Bergsten		hans@gefionsoftware.com
Author of JavaServer Pages (O'Reilly), http://TheJSPBook.com

Re: Inviting Ted Husted to update jakarta-site

Posted by Ted Husted <ne...@husted.com>.
If you like, I could just add the working draft as "proposal.html" to

< jakarta-site2/docs/site >

It would obviously need to be rendered back into seperate XML when
approved, but it might be easier to work on as a contiguous HTML
document for now.

And then update the guidelines.xml to say at the bottom:

"A working proposal to update the guidelines is available at
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/proposal.html"

-T.

Re: Inviting Ted Husted to update jakarta-site

Posted by James Duncan Davidson <du...@x180.net>.
On 1/21/01 7:44 PM, "Jon Stevens" <jo...@latchkey.com> wrote:

> One more vote...I can add him to the avail file as well...

Here's mine. +1. Do it.

                                                                  !try; do()

Re: Inviting Ted Husted to update jakarta-site

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.