Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by James Leone <Ja...@pde.paramount.com> on 2002/04/23 22:40:51 UTC

totally lost

I've spent some time on the site and have been unable to locate simple
instructions on how to test this thing out.

I downloaded the binary distribution (jakarta-slide-1.0.16.tar.gz),
unpacked it onto a Solaris box, and haven't made much progress.

For fun I ran server/bin/startup.sh, and it seemed to start ok

development# ./bin/startup.sh
Guessing CATALINA_HOME from catalina.sh to ./bin/..
Setting CATALINA_HOME to ./bin/..
Using CLASSPATH:     ./bin/../bin/bootstrap.jar:/usr/java/lib/tools.jar
Using CATALINA_BASE: ./bin/..
Using CATALINA_HOME: ./bin/..
Using JAVA_HOME:     /usr/java

When I visit 8080, it says "The requested resource (/index.html) is not
available." So I'm figuring a doc root needs to be set somewhere.

Am I missing some files that provide step by step to run an example
application?  I'd like to get a feel for slide, but didn't really want
to commit hours on hours to get it running.

Frustrated,

James Leone