Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Neil Aggarwal <ne...@JAMMConsulting.com> on 2005/02/08 23:44:55 UTC

Can't put scriptlet into onmouseover

Hello:

I have an html:link tag in my navigation jsp page.

I that page, I have an html:link tag that has an on mouseover
attribute.  I want to put a scriptlet in the onmouseover
to generate the url to the image.  Here is an example:

 onmouseover="setImage('homeButton','<%=
PathUtil.getImagePath(request,"layout/homeButtonOver.gif") %>')"

But, this fails to compile.  I get this error:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /navigation.jsp(21,87) equal symbol
expected

You can see it on this page:
http://www.pricetracker.jammconsulting.com/pricetracker/navigation.jsp

If I remove the scriptlet and hard code an image, everything is
fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
	Neil

--
Neil Aggarwal, JAMM Consulting, (972)612-6056, www.JAMMConsulting.com
FREE! Valuable info on how your business can reduce operating costs by

RE: Can't put scriptlet into onmouseover

Posted by Neil Aggarwal <ne...@JAMMConsulting.com>.
Daniel:

Is there a more "struts-friendly" way to do rollover buttons?

I have my images served out of apache, not tomcat in order to
make them load as quickly as possible.  Also, since I am using
named virtual hosting, the url to an image will be different
in http and https mode.  That is why I need a piece of code
to generate the url.  It first has to check in what mode the
page has been loaded.

Thanks,
	Neil