Posted to user@struts.apache.org by ZC...@tsys.com on 2004/02/03 18:18:34 UTC

jsp:param & nested tag & null

struts v1.1
jsp v1.2

When I pass a jsp:param to a dynamic include and try to read the parameter
in a nested:equal I get a 'null' error message. When I change the tag to a
logic:equal it seems to work. I'm just trying to understand why this is
happening?

***** Main.jsp *****
<nested:iterate property="myList">
...other code...
        <jsp:include page="MyInc.jsp">
                <jsp:param name="useHeading" value="true" />
        </jsp:include>
</nested:iterate>

***** MyInc.jsp *****
<nested:root>
        <nested:equal property="showTasks" value="-">
                <!-- need to use logic tag for the jsp:param passed in, the nested tag
produces null -->
                <logic:equal parameter="useHeading" value="true">
                        <th width="20">&nbsp;</th>
                        <th><bean:message key="label.head1" /></th>
                        <th><bean:message key="label.head2" /></th>
                </logic:equal>
        </nested:equal>
</nested:root>

Thanks much!

Zach Curtis
TSYS Technology Center
ZCurtis@tsys.com
208-424-2145

The information contained in this communication (including any attachments hereto) is confidential and is intended solely for the personal and confidential use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.  The information may also constitute a legally privileged confidential communication.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that any review, dissemination, copying, or unauthorized use of this information, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.  Thank you