Posted to dev@phoenix.apache.org by Maryann Xue <ma...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/26 22:40:16 UTC

Calcite-Phoenix integration sync up meeting

Hi folks,

As many of you may be aware, we have been working on the integration
between Apache Calcite and Apache Phoenix, in which Calcite is going to
replace the existing standalone Phoenix's parser, validator and query
planner and Phoenix will continue to focus on runtime features and
execution performance. The new integrated Phoenix will have improved SQL
compliance, cost-based query planning and better interoperability with
other data sources.

After basic feature completion, we are now working to fill in the gap of
test pass rate between "calcite" branch (
https://git1-us-west.apache.org/repos/asf?p=phoenix.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/calcite)
and "master" branch, and once the gap is closed (or trivial enough) we will
switch to "calcite" branch as the new Phoenix "master" branch.

As part of this effort, we have a weekly online meeting to sync up status
and discuss technical issues. If any of you are interested to learn about
our progress or to contribute, we would like to welcome you to join our
weekly sync up meeting, happening every Thursday at 9:30am PST at
http://www.hydromatic.net/hangout.

Thanks,
Maryann