Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Andrei Ionescu <ai...@yahoo.com> on 2010/03/11 17:29:50 UTC

When can we expect Cayenne 3.0 final?

When can we expect the release of Cayenne 3.0 final?

RC2 looks very stable.

regards,
Andrei.

Re: When can we expect Cayenne 3.0 final?

Posted by Andrey Razumovsky <ra...@gmail.com>.
Great. Closing it then

--
Andrey

Re: When can we expect Cayenne 3.0 final?

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
The code that throws the exception is ours and doesn't look OS-
specific. I only looked at the stack though, haven't done any
investigation yet.

Andrus

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.
I've got a good handle on my taxes and our application is about to go
live, so hopefully I'll have more cycles for testing this time around!

mrg

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 4:53 PM, Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> wrote:
> Ok, some progress actually... Since we got feedback on CAY-1405, I was able
> to fix it. Also created and fixed a rather obscure issue (CAY-1409) that
> came up on the user list. I think we are now really ready for RC3. I will
> build it tomorrow morning.
>
> Mike, thanks for offering help. I guess I'll build the artifacts myself, but
> will need yours and other's help testing out the build.
>
> Thanks,
> Andrus
>

> On Mar 28, 2010, at 8:06 PM, Michael Gentry wrote:
>
>> Sounds reasonable to me.  Anything I can do to help?
>>
>> mrg
>>

>> On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 11:24 AM, Andrus Adamchik
>> <an...@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> I looked at both and while I think they are real, reproducing them is not
>>> easy. Also they seem to be minor (i.e. "remove attribute" operation
>>> works,
>>> but maybe a certain state of the model caused it to fail). I sent
>>> requests
>>> for more information for both so hopefully the users can help us. If we

Posted by Ольга Ткачева <tk...@gmail.com>.
I have run tests on all DBs. RC3 has the same errors that RC2 .

--
Olga Tkacheva

Re: When can we expect Cayenne 3.0 final?

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Posted by Andrey Razumovsky <ra...@gmail.com>.

--
Andrey

Re: When can we expect Cayenne 3.0 final?

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
+1. I'll put it on my TODO for 3.0.

Posted by Dave Dombrosky <do...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.
I guess I was assuming there'd be an RC3 and after a couple weeks, if
nothing reported against it, we'd rebrand it as GA.  But I could be
persuaded to have a different opinion.  :-)

mrg

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Posted by Kevin Menard <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Posted by Andrey Razumovsky <ra...@gmail.com>.

--
Andrey

Re: When can we expect Cayenne 3.0 final?

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
I don't have anything else in my queue either. So we are down to these
2 I think (unless somebody is ready to look at CAY-1395) :

Posted by Andrey Razumovsky <ra...@gmail.com>.
(following to dev)
I think we should fix (or leave) remaining bugs and finally make it.
Specifically (from JIRA):
CAY-1386 <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY-1386> - opened by myself,
this is rather complex problem, I'm OK to leave it for now
CAY-1347 <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY-1347> - I could not
reproduce. Michael?
CAY-1395 <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY-1395>
CAY-1404 <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY-1404> - I can have a look
at this one.
CAY-1405 <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY-1405>?

Does anyone have something else?

2010/3/12 Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>

> On 12/03/10 3:29 AM, Andrei Ionescu wrote:
>
>> When can we expect the release of Cayenne 3.0 final?
>>
>> RC2 looks very stable.
>>

> I was just thinking the same thing. I think we should start the final
> release process quite soon now.
>

> Ari Maniatis
>

> --
> Aristedes Maniatis

Andrey

Re: When can we expect Cayenne 3.0 final?

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.