Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Takenori Sato <ts...@cloudian.com> on 2013/07/18 03:09:34 UTC

Fp chance for column level bloom filter

Hi,

I thought memory consumption of column level bloom filter will become a big
concern when a row becomes very wide like more than tens of millions of
columns.

But I read from source(1.0.7) that fp chance for column level bloom filter
is hard-coded as 0.160, which is very high. So seems not.

Is this correct?

Thanks,
Takenori

Re: Fp chance for column level bloom filter

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
It's dropped in 1.2, if that's a concern then probably a good reason to upgrade.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Cassandra Consultant
New Zealand