Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by William Markito <wm...@pivotal.io> on 2015/08/14 23:02:39 UTC

Geode now has a Zeppelin interpreter!

Thanks to Christian, Geode now has a native OQL interpreter on Apache
Zeppelin!

Just tweeted a picture of a running example here:
https://twitter.com/william_markito/status/632295226313314304

For more details please check the Zeppelin ticket -
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-189

I'll definitely be using this as part of upcoming QCon Rio presentation.
--

William Markito Oliveira
Enterprise Architect

Re: Geode now has a Zeppelin interpreter!

Posted by Christian Tzolov <ct...@pivotal.io>.
Thanks guys,

Any feedback is appreciated!

At the momemnt I am working on auto-completion for the OQL interpteter (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-211 ,
https://github.com/apache/incubator-zeppelin/pull/193).
Some basic SQL completion (based on the ACE sql keywords) is already
enabled but i would like to explore if we can extend this with region names
and perhaps some metadata?  For example in the HAWQ/PostgreSQL Zeppelin
 Interpreter i've implemented autocompleter that uses the JDBC metadata to
extract the list of schemas, tables and field names (ZEPPELIN-215).

Any suggestions how i can obtain Geode region metadata?

Thanks,
Christian

Christian Tzolov <http://www.linkedin.com/in/tzolov> | Solution Architect,
EMEA Practice Team | Pivotal <http://pivotal.io/>
ctzolov@pivotal.io|+31610285517

Re: Geode now has a Zeppelin interpreter!

Posted by Dan Smith <ds...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Gregory Chase <gc...@pivotal.io>.
AWESOME!

wrote:

> Thanks to Christian, Geode now has a native OQL interpreter on Apache
> Zeppelin!
>
> Just tweeted a picture of a running example here:
> https://twitter.com/william_markito/status/632295226313314304
>
> For more details please check the Zeppelin ticket -
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-189
>
> I'll definitely be using this as part of upcoming QCon Rio presentation.
> --
>
> William Markito Oliveira
> Enterprise Architect
> -- For questions about Apache Geode, please write to
> *dev@geode.incubator.apache.org
> <de...@geode.incubator.apache.org>*

--
Greg Chase

Director of Big Data Communities
http://www.pivotal.io/big-data

Pivotal Software
http://www.pivotal.io/

650-215-0477
@GregChase
Blog: http://geekmarketing.biz/

Re: Geode now has a Zeppelin interpreter!

Posted by Udo Kohlmeyer <uk...@pivotal.io>.
Awesome!!

Posted by Gregory Chase <gc...@pivotal.io>.
AWESOME!