Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Arieh Markel <Ar...@Central.Sun.COM> on 2000/03/07 22:30:31 UTC

More of Re: Missing method from API ??

So, in the context of establishing my own interceptor, one that will
force to access the website through a specific login page (in this case,
a servlet), I ran into the problem that files that are included
- IMG SRC - by the login page, are intercepted as well.

The determination of whether to perform the interception or not
is determined by the 'Referer' request header.

---

There is a missing piece in the puzzle to allow implementation of what
I mentioned above.

It is the ability to access the hostname and port of the Connector that
is being used.

The ContextManager class does not expose methods to retrieve the
Connectors that were added. This, although it allows to addConnectors.

I would like to retrieve the port and host from the Connector, to validate
that the page is indeed being accessed from the webserver it is intended to.

---

I am wonder if other agree that a method in ContextManager:

	ServerConnector[] getServerConnectors()

is as useful as I think it is.

Arieh

---