Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/24 15:45:52 UTC

Apache Airflow 1.10.7 released!

Dear Airflow community,

I'm happy to announce that Airflow 1.10.7 was just released.

The source release, as well as the binary "sdist" and wheel bundles, are
available here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/airflow/1.10.7/

We also made this version available on PyPi for convenience (pip install
apache-airflow):

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/apache-airflow

The documentation is available on:
https://airflow.apache.org/docs/1.10.7/
<https://airflow.apache.org/docs/1.10.7/>

Find the CHANGELOG here for more details:
https://airflow.apache.org/docs/1.10.7/changelog.html#airflow-1-10-7

Regards,
Kaxil

Re: Apache Airflow -> Vmware

Posted by Kamil Breguła <ka...@polidea.com>.
Hello,

List of operators and hooks is available here:
https://airflow.readthedocs.io/en/latest/operators-and-hooks-ref.html

Airflow does not have any available operators for VMWare, but it is
possible to write your own: Here is the guide:
https://airflow.readthedocs.io/en/latest/howto/custom-operator.html

I hope this information will be helpful.

Best regards,
Kamil

Apache Airflow -> Vmware

RE: Apache Airflow 1.10.7 released!

Posted by "Shaw, Damian P. " <da...@credit-suisse.com>.
Just come back from the Holidays and it’s like an extra Christmas present!

I was already expecting and waiting on this log message being set so it stops polluting this app logs: https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/6716

But this one is a real surprise (I wasn’t expecting until Airflow 2): https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/6627 . I’m going to do some testing in Development to see what the overhead looks like now, but it definitely gets Airflow a lot closer to my users wish of being able to schedule to the second (yes that’s on their wish list, I’m still yet to understand exactly why).

Thanks all so much for the effort!
Damian

Yup, definitely a X'mas special edition. 🌲🎄🎅⛄

Regards,
Kaxil

On Tue, Dec 24, 2019, 15:55 Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com>> wrote:
Whoa! Shall we call it Xmas edition :) ?

In any case I think of this as a Xmas present for the community :D

Happy Holidays everyone!

J.

https://airflow.apache.org/docs/1.10.7/ <https://airflow.apache.org/docs/1.10.7/>

Posted by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com>.

Posted by Rafa Vasconcelos <rv...@gmail.com>.
Thank you!

On Sat, 28 Dec 2019 at 21:55, Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:

> @Rafa: here is the link: https://apache-airflow-slack.herokuapp.com/
>
> On Sat, Dec 28, 2019, 05:34 Rafa Vasconcelos <rv...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Jarek,
>>
>> Hope you are good and is having great holidays!
>>
>> I am trying to access the slack but I need to get an invitation. Do you
>> know who I need to email to get it? I did not find it on that link you
>> shared with me.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Rafael
>>
>> On Thu, 26 Dec 2019 at 20:58, Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Rafa
>>>
>>> 1) See https://airflow.apache.org/community/ -> for joining
>>> community/slack etc.
>>> 2) it really depends on your needs - there are few "as a service"
>>> options (Astronomer, Composer), you can use kubernetes or celery or local
>>> executors and you can have various preferences for deployment
>>> (VMs/Kubernetes). There is no "best" solution. I think it's best you can
>>> discuss it here or in slack with other users but explain your context.
>>>
>>> J.

>>> --
>>>
>>> Jarek Potiuk
>>> Polidea <https://www.polidea.com/> | Principal Software Engineer
>>>
>>> M: +48 660 796 129 <+48660796129>
>>> [image: Polidea] <https://www.polidea.com/>
>>>

>> --
>> Abraço,
>>
>> Rafael Vasconcelos Silva
>>
> --
Abraço,

Rafael Vasconcelos Silva

Re: Apache Airflow 1.10.7 released!

Posted by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rafa Vasconcelos <rv...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jarek,

Posted by Rafa Vasconcelos <rv...@gmail.com>.
Thank Jarek!

On Thu, 26 Dec 2019 at 20:58, Jarek Potiuk <Ja...@polidea.com> wrote:

> Hello Rafa
>
> 1) See https://airflow.apache.org/community/ -> for joining
> community/slack etc.
> 2) it really depends on your needs - there are few "as a service" options
> (Astronomer, Composer), you can use kubernetes or celery or local executors
> and you can have various preferences for deployment (VMs/Kubernetes). There
> is no "best" solution. I think it's best you can discuss it here or in
> slack with other users but explain your context.
>
> J.
>

> On Thu, Dec 26, 2019 at 10:01 AM Rafa Vasconcelos <
> rvasconcelossilva@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> Happy holidays!
>>
>> I am getting started with Airflow and I would like to do two initial
>> questions:
>>
>> 1 - How do I sign up the Slack community?
>> 2 - What is the best infra to install and run Airflow in production?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Rafael
>>
>> On Wed, 25 Dec 2019 at 03:50, hotmail <zh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks everyone hard work